Three's a Crowd
|Three's a Crowd|
|This mod received one of the 2020 Cacowards on Doomworld!|
This mapset main concept was conceived for NaNoWadMo 2019. It tells the story of three people and the different challenges they face trying to survive and save each other after the research facility they're stationed at is struck by a hellish invasion.
It was named as a winner of one of the Cacowards in 2020.
Episode The First:
Episode The Second:
Episode The Third:
This WAD features three built-in demos. All require Doom II v1.9 to view them. The demo levels are:
|DEMO3||MAP04: The Mantle||4||2228||1:03.66|
In addition for creativity flow while making the maps, Scypek2 asked a friend (who knows nothing about Doom) for ideas, but instead, got challenged to implement a few specific themes within the levels:
- Unexpectedly long corridor.
- A room with seven doors in one wall, and exactly one other exit.
- Make the player feel sorry for an enemy.
- A least seven arrow shapes that indicate the direction of something, at least one of which the player walks through.
- 37 chaingunners in a single level! Precede their appearance with an image of the number 37... and include at least one other reference to the number 37 somewhere in the level.
- A lift that you keep encountering, but ████ ██ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███.
- Approximate the feel of a store with a storekeeper from which you can buy things... but maybe ███ █████ █████ ██ ██ ████?!
- Include a key whose location is very hard to find by chance... but for which there are multiple clues indicating where the player should look, scattered around the map.