Timeline of mod releases
This is a timeline of Doom modification releases and directly related events. For the primary Doom timeline, see the Timeline article. For source port releases, see the timeline of source port releases.
- January 26 - The first version of the Doom Editing Utilities is released.
- March 7 - The first public third-party PWAD, the Origwad, is released.
- March 11 - CROSS.WAD is released.
- March 24 - E2M1ED.WAD is announced on Usenet.
- June 23 - Doomsday of UAC is released.
- January - The Lost Episodes of Doom is published.
- May 14 - The Innocent Crew releases the final version of Obituary.
- September - The Abyss is released.
- October 28 - TNT: Evilution is announced delayed in favor of a commercial release as one half of Final Doom.
- December - Memento Mori is initially released.
- February 10 - Memento Mori is initially uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- March 21 - Icarus: Alien Vanguard is uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- July 27 - Memento Mori II is uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- May 2 - Hell Revealed is uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- July 4 - Requiem is uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- November 14 - Eternal Doom is uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- January 30 - Wow.wad is uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- May 21 - Assault on Tei Tenga is released.
- November 14 - Nuts.wad is uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- December 26 - Alien Vendetta is uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- July 1 - Initial release of the Doom 64 TC.
- December 10 - TeamTNT releases its first ZDoom-targeted mod, Daedalus: Alien Defense.
- May 28 - Deus Vult is released.
- June 2 - Initial release of Knee-Deep in ZDoom.
- July 16 - Demons of Problematique is released and is later named a Cacowards runner-up.
- August 24 - UAC Military Nightmare is uploaded to the /idgames archive.
- September 20 - Demons of Problematique 2 is released and later wins a Cacoward.
- October 22 - Deus Vult Zero is released.
- February 28 - BioShock level designer Jean-Paul LeBreton publishes a noted design analysis on Doom and releases Arcadia Demade, a Doom II version of a BioShock level.
- March 28 - UAC Ultra is released.
- September 4 - The Brutal Doom gameplay mod is initially released.
- October 8 - Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch is released to the public after a demo debut at the ScrewAttack Gaming Convention.
- October 9 - Hacx v1.2 is released as a stand-alone IWAD.
- February 14 - The first version of InstaDoom is released. It wins the Mockaward for 2015.
- June 13 - Sunlust is released and later wins a Cacoward.
- August 17 - Don't Be A Bitch Remastered is released and later wins a Cacoward.
- January 15 - John Romero releases his first Doom PWAD in 21 years. Tech Gone Bad is a single level for limit-removing ports and is an alternate take on E1M8: Phobos Anomaly.
- April 26 - John Romero releases a second Doom PWAD, Phobos Mission Control, as an alternate take on E1M4: Command Control.
- An "Announcement 2" thread was posted to the rec.games.computer.doom.playing Usenet group on 14 December 1995  but implies the original release was on 10 December.