The Titan's Realm is the tenth level of Doom (2016). The second area of Hell to be visited, the Doom marine arrives here after ripping out the Argent accumulator from the cyberdemon in the Lazarus Labs, which causes a temporary portal to open. The Titan's Realm is a demonic graveyard made of the skeletal remains of gigantic demons. Titan's Realm is also the name of the tenth mission which takes place in this level.
After the disaster which occurred in the manned expedition to Kadingir Sanctum, it was decided that further expeditions should focus on other areas for the time being. The second manned expedition (MTC 2148/177) was instead dedicated to exploration of the Great Steppe, an area detailed in the Corrax tablets. Those tablets had the following to say about the area:
Mission 10: Titan's Realm
After besting the cyberdemon, the Doom marine finds himself in the Titan's Realm - a sprawling underground temple beneath the corpses of mighty demons known as Titans. The marine fights his way through the temple and eventually finds the Titan's Core, a teleporter that will take him to the Necropolis where the Crucible is hidden.
- Reclaim the Crucible
- Pass through the Titan's Core
- Trick Shot
- Kill a lost soul with another lost soul.
- Shooting at a lost soul as it charges towards you should send it flying backwards until it hits an obstacle and explodes. If another lost soul is in its path, this should tick off the challenge.
- Atop the Mountain
- Perform a "Death from Above" glory kill on a baron of Hell (attack from above).
- There are four barons in this level. The first two are found in the arena containing the quad damage powerup, but these are not very convenient because there are two of them and because it is a protracted battle. The third baron appears much later, in the hall with the blue skull; this is a more convenient location as there are many platforms to jump from, but since the baron is the last enemy the checkpoint will be immediately overwritten even if you fail the glory kill. The last baron appears in the blue door area at the end of the level; it is the easiest one because you only need to kill it with the Berserk powerup and it will count as a glory kill. If you make a mistake, just reload before the animation is complete.
- Kill 20 demons while using power-ups.
|Combat support drones||1|
Areas / screenshots
Inspiration and development
According to designer Jason O'Connell, this level and the Necropolis were originally one map, with the teleporter found at the end of this level instead being an elevator that took the player into the starting room of the Necropolis.
- O'Connell, Jason (5 December 2022). "Doom Nugget: Titans Realm and The Necropolis were originally one map. The teleporter at the end of Titans Realm used to be a doorway that would've taken you right into the elevator room at the beginning of Necropolis." Twitter. Retrieved 6 December 2022.
|Levels from Doom (2016)|
|Single player:||Site 03 • Resource Operations • Foundry • Argent Facility • Argent Energy Tower • Kadingir Sanctum • Argent Facility (Destroyed) • Advanced Research Complex • Lazarus Labs • Titan's Realm • Necropolis • VEGA Central Processing • Argent D'Nur|
|Multiplayer:||Argent Breach • Beneath • Boneyard • Cataclysm • Chasm • Disposal • Empyrian • Excavation • Heatwave • Helix • Infernal • Molten • Offering • Orbital • Outbreak • Perdition • Ritual • Sacrilegious|
|Classic levels:||Hangar • Nuclear Plant • Toxin Refinery • Command Control • Phobos Lab • Phobos Anomaly • Halls of the Damned • Tower of Babel • Slough of Despair • Pandemonium • House of Pain • Entryway • Underhalls|
|Rune trials:||Rune trial arena • Rune trial passage • Rune trial temple|