Ty Halderman (born December 1945) was the primary maintainer of the idgames archive from February 1997 to May 2015. In addition, he was the leader and webmaster of TeamTNT. One of his key activities was serving as one of the three principal programmers of the Boom source port alongside Jim Flynn and Lee Killough. He also designed numerous levels for various TeamTNT projects, and became the last moderator of the Usenet group rec.games.computer.doom.announce (as well as a member of the RGCD Support Team) in July 1998.
He passed away on July 31, 2015, at the age of 69, due to the complications of a brain tumor, as confirmed by a family member.
Body of work
- Argus ( ) (with Robert Taylor)
- Final Doom's TNT: Evilution
- Icarus: Alien Vanguard ( )
- Bloodlands ( )
- Grievance ( )
- Eternal Doom ( )
- Boom ( )
- Reclamation ( )
- Project coordinator
- Level music
- MAP21: Wasted Effort
- Pax ( )
- Induction ( )
- The Return ( )
- Daedalus: Alien Defense ( )
- Eternal Doom IV: Return from Oblivion ( )
- Resource manager
- Saffy (30 August 2015). "ChurchDoom (Image heavy, now a Ty Halderman tribute)." Doomworld Forums. Retrieved 21 August 2021.
- Halderman, Ty (31 July 1998). "r.g.c.d.announce test." rec.games.computer.doom.announce. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- Saffy (16 August 2015). "Nothing new on idgames lately." Doomworld Forums. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
|Maintainer of the idgames archive|
|Preceded by||Name||Succeeded by|
|Joost Schuur||Ty Halderman||Bill Koch (Bloodshedder)|
|Frans P. de Vries||Eric Baker (The Green Herring)|