|The starting area|
UCA (also known as Deimos Moon Base, Anguilla Crater) is a single-level PWAD for Doom. It was released in 1994 by Eddie Nguyen, and is the first in a series of single-level wads, preceding Talpoida, Diopatra, and Sapidus.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- In the red cavern, in the room with the four swirling energy columns, climbing onto the red panel in the east will open a closet that releases three demons. Inside of it is a backpack. (sector 142)
- From the same room as secret #1, a section of the wall has a red strip at the bottom. This is a secret door which leads to another tunnel. At the end, you must jump across the gap to the tunnel across from it, and then over another gap in the next tunnel. At the end is a wall of fire, which will disappear when pressed to reveal a teleporter. This leads to a walkway of fire with a door at the south. Opening it reveals a stash of items. (sector 115) It includes two medikits, eight rockets, a box of shotgun shells, and a chainsaw. Go north off the walkway to teleport back to the first room.
- In the same tunnel from which the energy columns are accessed, there is a drop-off in the northwest. At the bottom is the megaarmor. (sector 24)
- At one end of the green stone hallway is a face embedded in the wall. Shoot this face and a secret door will open nearby, to a computer room containing the yellow key. Circle around to the yellow door, which leads to a computer room with a teleport pad. It leads to the invulnerability sphere seen from the base's entry hall. (sector 187) After collecting it, turn back and walk to be brought back to the teleport pad to the base.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||2:13.26||Eric Baker (The Green Herring)||2010-04-07||uca-213.zip|
|UV max||6:24.86||Eric Baker (The Green Herring)||2010-04-07||uca-624.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on November 30, 2021.