|Doom Eternal missions|
|The Ancient Gods, Part One|
|The Ancient Gods, Part Two|
Urdak is a location in Doom Eternal and the game's twelfth level. It is the homeworld of the Maykrs and forms the basis for many cultures' interpretations of Heaven. The Khan Maykr is fought as a boss.
According to VEGA, age analysis of the structures and architecture of Urdak indicates that it is older than any other world on record. Their architecture also resembles that of multiple religions across the galaxy, indicating that the Maykrs' influence was not limited to Argent D'Nur and may have extended across the whole universe. Indeed, even the name "Urdak" translates to "Heaven" or "Paradise" across hundreds of different languages, a testament to their widespread worship.
Urdak is protected by artificial beings called Archangels - large, floating cross-like structures, one of which is seen passing by in the beginning of the level. Their number and capabilities are unknown, but it is logical to assume they possess energy manipulation abilities similar to other Maykrs.
Urdak itself exists in an anchor state, utilizing highly advanced dimensional shift technology to allow a static position at a sub-quantum level. This effectively places it as the "reverse" of Hell, a 'higher' reality corresponding to Hell's 'lower' one, although both exist outside of the mundane universe; as a result, no being from Hell can enter Urdak or vice versa. However, when the Icon of Sin was awakened within Urdak the seal which protected it was broken, allowing the demons to invade it like any other world. Though Samuel Hayden reprimands the Slayer for unwittingly damning Urdak, he concludes that it was the Khan Maykr's hubris in bringing the Icon there in the first place which truly caused the loss of Paradise.
Areas / screenshots
- There is a floating Khan Maykr-like body not long before the boss battle. Game director Hugo Martin has confirmed that this was the body of the previous Khan Maykr in a state of Transfiguration.
- Near the floating body chamber there are translucent humanoid bodies wired to Maykr technology. Their purpose is unknown.
- Urdak posesses many series of energy rings (activated by a button near a jumppad) which prolong the Slayer's flight.
- The floating climbing wall movement puzzle returns in form of floating rectangular objects of unknown purpose.
- According to Hugo Martin, the infamous line, "The longer the Icon of Sin is on Earth, the stronger he will become," was never meant to be repeated several times.
|Levels from Doom Eternal|
|Single player:||Hell on Earth • Exultia • Cultist Base • Doom Hunter Base • Super Gore Nest • ARC Complex • Mars Core • Sentinel Prime • Taras Nabad • Nekravol • Nekravol - Part II • Urdak • Final Sin • Fortress of Doom|
|Multiplayer:||Armageddon • Celestial • Corrosion • Extraction • Forsaken • Penance • Torment • Tundra|
|Ancient Gods 1:||UAC Atlantica Facility • The Blood Swamps • The Holt • ARC Carrier|
|Ancient Gods 2:||The World Spear • Reclaimed Earth • Immora • The Dark Lord|