I am a Finnish Doom fan nicknamed Janizdreg, which is often abbreviated as Janiz. I am an admin here, so feel free to ask me if you need my help.
I first played the Doom shareware back in 1994 on a 386/33 with PC speaker sounds. Still, the game totally blew me away right from the start - no other game before or after Doom has made as strong impact on me as it did.
In 1997 I finally got an internet connection and quickly discovered the online Doom community (Mr.DooM's was the first Doom related website I ran into). Since then I've browsed through hundreds of Doom devoted websites, chats, forums and newsgroups, trying to satisfy my apparently bottomless hunger for Doom information and trivia.
There's a list of my Doom projects in the main article about me.
- Create an expanded multiplayer section for Comparison of source ports and add overall comparison screenshots.
- Create a list article of all dead-ends in classic Doom levels.
- Document the Doom reference in Super Meat Boy.
- Write about software synthesizers and sound fonts used in source ports.
- Create articles about the Doom movie novel. and the
- Update the American McGee article.
- Add information about the dead end bugs in Doom II MAP20 (the rising crusher) and MAP29 (the cyberdemon pit).
- Document the map-destroying linedef actions in E3M5 (linedefs 1285 and 1299).
- Add basic autoaim info to the autoaim article.
- Create an NTDoom article.
- Create a Tom Sanner (Mr.DooM) article.
- Write about Birthright, which uses the WAD format to store its adventure sub-games ( ).
- Replace the mother demon screenshot with one taken with Doom64 EX.
- Finish the game patch article.
- Put screenshots using an incorrect aspect ratio into the respective category: E2 levels, perhaps others.
- Add level design credits to the main Doom game articles.
- Create an article about high turbo values inverting controls in vanilla.
- Add Doom novels information from .
- Change the layout of the data section of the weapon articles to mimic the style used in the monster articles.
- Add screenshots of earlier Doomworld designs.
- Create a Doom Depot article.
- Rearrange all WAD author articles to use the WAD list format used in the Espi article.
- Write an article on vanilla accepting control input during game preload.
- Write an article/articles about vanilla Doom usage and tweaking.
- Rewrite some of the DeHackEd code pointer descriptions for better clarity.
- Add famous deathmatch PWADs to the list of WADs.
- Add par times to Doom II & Final Doom level articles.
- Add wikilinks to all IWAD level articles.
- Clean up The Battle for Mars & .