This wiki has outgrown me over the years, and I'm uncertain how I can help. I am neither part of the Doom community nor a competent FPS player; mostly I've organized and summarized research by others. Let's also remember that Wikia's maintenance is my fault — note the timestamps   . At the very least, if you have a general question, try here or here.
- Make it easier for other Doomers, steeped in deathmatching or modding or community history, to edit:
- Standardize boring scut work so that occasional contributors never have to think about it.
- Stop users being hounded off the site based on "policies" that don't exist, are clearly disputed, or were written by one person a decade ago without discussion.
- Update the FAQ and make it short enough to consider reading.
- For topics I know a little about (mostly vanilla gameplay and associated levels), make all articles complete, polished, and easily navigable.
- For topics I know nothing about, find experts. I've no clue how to actually go about this — we are an all-volunteer project with none of the rewards of a forum or social media, so we can't just guilt-trip people to donate their time. The current level of participation is unsustainable, however, and we know that collaboration among experts can occur.
About being an administrator
In 2007, this was purely a technical position. I was permitted to do obvious and tedious tasks (deleting someone's vacation photos, cleaning up my test templates, banning neo-Nazis) without filing paperwork each time. In return, if I didn't comprehend some of my new tools, I was expected to ask for help before breaking anything.
Since the the criteria from the most recent thread. As of July 2017, I think I'm doing a VERY VERY SMALL amount of good (spam, page moves, system message typos), but obviously I could be wrong., its meaning has changed to be more like a forum mod: enforcing an overall project "vision" above and beyond stated consensus, teaching new users about contributing, maintaining relationships with the rest of the internet. I don't believe I'm at all qualified for these, and I certainly don't meet
Terms from Doctor Who that I overuse and probably should be reverted
Season 12: absorb, ampoule, carthorse, constitution, countersigned, fail-safe, ham-fisted, infirmary, subsidence
Season 18: annihilation/annihilate, anomaly/anomalous, anticlockwise, automatically, calcified, cheeseboard, consul, dodecahedron, enquiries, hysteresis/hysteretic, nexus, out of phase, wild catastrophe
Alternate accounts for testing display/config stuff and MediaWiki upgrades:
- This page incorporates text from the document User:Phaedriel (revision 476606966) on Wikipedia.
- This page incorporates text from the document Template:Busy (revision 614922805) on Wikipedia.
|This is a Doom Wiki user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than doomwiki.org, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs has no personal affiliation with any such site. The original page is located at
|The Working Man's Barnstar|
|For doing a lot of work on various articles that I would personally find very repetative to do personally. (All I see in recent changes at times are your edits) Thank you. TheDarkArchon 02:35, 28 January 2007 (UTC)|