DOOM changed my life. Yes, really. :)
Done / To-Do
Contributions so far.
- ✓Add to/update 1990s history & the classic games where I can
- Add to/update ✓Timeline, ✓Gamers.org, ✓idgames archive, ✓Usenet groups, ✓RGCD Support Team, ✓Doom Help Service
- Add/update stewards: ✓John Van Essen, ✓Piotr Kapiszewski, ✓Ty Halderman, ✓Richard Ward, ✓Tony Lezard, ✓Raphaël Quinet, ✓Mike Newton, ✓Joost Schuur, ✓Ian Mapleson, ✓Paul Falstad, ✓Tom Neff, others?, ✓me
- ✓Play through all of Doom II, TNT: Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment, and proofread/improve their levels' pages (and Ultimate Doom's) along the way (or afterwards)
- Of course I played Doom II numerous times back in the day, so the trip down memory lane was augmented via Brutal Doom on GZDoom.
- The late great Ty Halderman kindly sent me a boxed copy of Final Doom in 1996, but I never got around to playing it until now. :)
- While I do own boxed copies of Hexen and Strife, I never got around to playing more than their demos. I did however complete Heretic: SotSR.
- Boxed copies of Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil, and a digital copy of The Lost Mission, were also completed.
- ✓Analyze and improve map views images
- ✓Create the DMMPST map statistics tool to generate wiki-ready mapdata, things and map skel structures, as well as thing appearance statistics
- ✓Operate the XymphBot account to automatically and ongoingly:
- update Statistics sections of map pages and add new map skeletons via the dmmpstBot script
- upload map view images via uploadmapBot and add them to map pages via mapviewBot
- add author(s) and their level categories to map skeletons via authorBot, par times via partimeBot, links to demo sites via demolinkBot, and extra monsters/equipment categories via extraCoopBot
- generate navigation boxes for map series via navboxGen and add them to map pages via navboxBot
- add/update deathmatch sections, player spawns and map views via dmsectionBot, pspawnsBot, uploadmapDmBot and mapviewDmBot
- on mapper pages, checks consistency and authorship of WADs/maps and applies consistent formatting via mapperMaps, and create new mapper pages via createMapper
- add OneManDoom and Doom Underground review links to PWAD pages via onemanLinks and doomugLinks
- generate lists of Wikipedia, Interwiki and templatable links, of pages starting with an article, and of mappers ranked by map count
- perform other checks and edits via various Bot scripts
- ✓Process speedrunning information from Compet-n and DSDA and generate record tables for categories, WADs, maps and speedrunners (talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk)
- ✓Collect statistics of built-in and included demos via the LmpStats library and add them to the pertaining PWAD pages via the builtinDemos script
- ✓Add or update (as appropriate) data tables for Things in Doom, Heretic, Hexen & Strife, using tools compiled against each game's INFO.C file to extract relevant information directly from the engine's data tables [imaginatively titled DMINFO, HTINFO, HXINFO & SFINFO] (talk, talk)
- Try and figure out if a GIMP script can automate placing map spots as much as possible
- Odd 'n ends as I encounter them
- Fix archive.org & dead links
- I believe archive.org links should point directly to the most recent valid archive, so wiki users won't have to hunt down the date bar there themselves