Valiant thing corrections by 126.96.36.199
Hi, thanks for your input on the Things tables of several Valiant maps. Those tables were generated based on this custom monster mapping list. Could please provide corrections in that topic? Then I can regenerate the tables for all maps to ensure they're consistent and correct. Thanks. --Xymph (talk) 13:12, 11 January 2020 (CST)
- I used the "ActorsCount" command on the command line.
- In all maps, you need to replace “Cybruiser” with “Suicide Bomber”, “Suicide Bomber” with “Super Mancubus” and “Super Mancubus” with “Cybruiser”.
- I also propose adding in MAP32 invisible revenants and arch-viles. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by McLaren0109 (talk • contribs) .
- Thanks for the quick reply. However, I am unable to find which tool/engine provides this "ActorsCount" command -- could you describe exactly how those deviating thing types/counts were determined?
- There is no basis in the DECORATE lump for the enemy rotations you propose:
ACTOR SuicideBomber replaces DeadLostSoul ACTOR ValiantCybruiser replaces SpiderMastermind ACTOR ValiantSuperMancubus replaces BaronOfHell
- which respectively have thing types 23, 7 and 3003 as specified in the custom map file. In SLADE's map editor those various monster instances show up accordingly.
- Lastly, DMMPST has support for the stealth monsters but revenant (9059) and arch-vile (9051) do not occur in MAP32 (or any other). Which "invisible revenants and arch-viles" are you referring to, at which positions in that level? --Xymph (talk) 13:26, 13 January 2020 (CST)
- I am using the Zandronum 3.0.1 port. I enter the command "ActorsCount" in the console, and right in the console I get a list of all the actors, without coordinates, but with the count. This way I can count the number of monsters. As for map 32 and invisible characters, they cannot be identified in this way, and I counted them directly when passing the level.
- I didn’t have a specific goal to count specific enemies, but I couldn’t determine how, for example, to determine the monster “ValiantArachnOrb”. I found the Command "ActorsCount" by chance.
- How am I right? Well, for example, the level of MAP17: Precipice, there is a secret place where a bunch of suicide bombers teleport in area, and Cybruisers appear only at the end of the next episode.
- With Slade I entered in valiant.wad, after finding the command and saw your comments. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by McLaren0109 (talk • contribs) .
- Thanks both, I see the three-enemies rotation by McLaren0109 is indeed correct, but still don't understand why. Gez, would you have an explanation why the thing types don't match the actor names in DECORATE? The DEHACKED lump also suggested my original thing types were accurate:
Thing 16 (Enhanced Manc (Baron Slot)) -- doomednum 3003 Thing 20 (Cybruiser (Spider demon slot)) -- doomednum 7 Thing 116 (Suicide Bomber (Dead Lost Soul Slot)) -- doomednum 23
Thing 11 (Chaingun Sargeant (DROPS CHAINGUN)) ID # = 84 Thing 16 (Enhanced Manc (Baron Slot)) ID # = 23 Thing 20 (Cybruiser (Spider demon slot)) ID # = 3003 Thing 24 (Chaingun Sargeant (DROPS CHAINGUN)) ID # = 65 Thing 116 (Suicide Bomber (Dead Lost Soul Slot)) ID # = 7
I snipped away the unrelated lines. Also, for the final boss's health, the value of 10000 in the wiki was a holdover from one of the RC version. It's been nerfed in the final version. --Gez (talk) 09:04, 15 January 2020 (CST)
- It's okay, I understand now (except not why SLADE maps those three monsters different from ZDoom/Zandronum – Gez?). All Valiant map pages have been updated.
- Btw, the unsigned templates are meant for editors to attribute other people's posts. To sign your own posts, type --~~~~ or use the aforementioned button on the edit toolbar. --Xymph (talk) 03:25, 15 January 2020 (CST)
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet or who does not use it. We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify him/her. Such an IP address can be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.