Hi. Please do not put your signature on articles. If you do put your signature on articles it will be removed. If you continue trying to revert Doom RPG cheat codes, we will have no choice but to ban you from the wiki. Obviously we don't want to have to do this. Thanks. Fraggle 23:56, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
Fraggle- Ok... This pissed me off at first. However I realize this is not my website. And you have contributed majorly to the style of the wiki. If I change it, as long as I keep to your "Doom Wiki Style" will that be a problem? -Samurai JAC
- I assume you're referring to Doom_Wiki:Style#Style. That shouldn't be a problem at all.
- It's worth pointing out that there is a disclaimer at the bottom of every edit page: Please note that all contributions to Doom Wiki are considered to be released under the GNU Free Documentation License (see Project:Copyrights for details). If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here.
- The whole point of a wiki like this is to enable people to collaborate in writing articles together. The wiki would suffer if we didn't all have the ability to edit articles to improve them. As a dramatic example, over three years ago I wrote this article on the Doom rendering engine on another site. When the Doom wiki started, this became the basis for the Doom rendering engine article here. You can see that the article has undergone major changes since then as people have restructured, added to it and improved it.
- With lots of people editing and contributing to articles, it doesn't really make sense to have signatures at the bottom of pages. I'm glad you've decided to be more cooperative and help out, and look forward to your contributions in the future. Welcome! Fraggle 08:01, 13 April 2007 (UTC)
- To be fair, Fraggle, some of these edits aren't really addressed in the style section (e.g. the use of whitespace and bold/italic text), except perhaps by an extremely broad interpretation of the "encyclopedic tone" part. I personally do not advocate using the standard header format at all times, but perhaps a more explicit guideline about "typesetting" is needed. Didn't somebody once leave the wiki because our skins weren't cool enough? Ryan W 01:12, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet or who does not use it. We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify him/her. Such an IP address can be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.