Hi, please remember to add your earlier uploads (File:KDIZD Z1M1.png, File:KDIZD Z1M2.png, File:KDIZD Z1M6 2.png & File:KDIZD Z1M7 1.png) to the pertaining articles. The same goes for other left-overs like and (there may be more, not sure). Thanks. --Xymph (talk) 15:39, 13 September 2021 (CDT)
- Hi. I just noticed the message now. In regards to Drip Feed and Songs of the Damned, I only made a screenshot at end of level and it was also in the wrong aspect ratio (I set up 5:4 instead of 4:3, these days I only play on 4:3 aspect ratio) in PrBoom+, set by mistake at that time because I ended up mixing up the two aspect ratio without noticing anything significant on my monitor and the screenshot doesn't seem as right as other screenshots I took later with the correct aspect ratio, which meant even after fixing the aspect ratio in Paint (which is what I do to screenshots taken in Crispy Doom and PrBoom+, which are taken at desktop's resolution), the status bar seemed a bit smaller or squashed than usual or at least that's the impression I got. Since I no longer have the saved games for these wads, I may retake the screenshots with no monsters mode for the whole level rather than just an automap screenshot. In the meantime, these two screenshots can get deleted, I no longer care about them.
- In regards to the old KDIZD screenshots I uploaded long time ago, I realized there were already screenshots uploaded (such as the start of Z1M2) by other people and I found it unnecessary to upload mine, especially since I didn't take many screenshots of the early maps and it looked a bit weird alongside the other screenshots. I intend one day (when I get to replay KDIZD, DTWID and other wads where I only took few screenshots from some levels) to take more screenshots and add them on the missing articles. In case of KDIZD, hopefully I will be allowed to replace the screenshots, considering they aren't having the correct aspect ratio or at least that's what I noticed in other people's screenshots. I also intend to replace the IWADS screenshots (which are taken in ZDoom/GZDoom) with some vanilla screenshots in vanilla executable (in DOSBox) or Chocolate Doom or something like that. Hopefully the people behind those screenshots won't mind. I plan to do the same to many old popular megawads, I just haven't had the necessary time to do that. Some maps articles absolutely need to have screenshots added.
- I also have a lot of non-uploaded screenshots that I made a while back while participating for DW megawad club but I didn't get to upload them since the wad in question doesn't have a page created. I am talking about many recent Doom 2 megawads, such as Bourgeois Deathmatch, in which case I have over 150 screenshots (made in Chocolate Doom) for that wad in question and I wasn't sure if to wait until someone creates the page or I offer to create the wad's page, like I did for a few Ultimate Doom megawads. I was thinking at the moment that it would be pointless to upload so many screenshots and not have a place to show them. I could always try and create the wad's page myself, I will try in the following days when I get more free time.
- Thanks and have a nice day! FistMarine (talk) 05:21, 12 October 2021 (CDT)
- Okay, two shots deleted. No need to worry so much about aspect ratio, for general gameplay shots during WAD playthroughs it doesn't necessarily have to be 4:3. E.g. Ducon uploads everything at 16:9 and that's fine.
- Also, unless explicitly faulty, don't overload existing screenshots that are already in use, or remove them from articles. Energy/time is better spent on adding new screens for maps that don't have any yet, than on minor and unnecessary improvements to existing ones. It would be nice to have your KDIZD shots taken off the unused files list though.
- It is indeed better not to upload WAD screens until page(s) exist where they can be added around the same time, otherwise they just risk to linger in that list too. --Xymph (talk) 06:44, 12 October 2021 (CDT)
Hi. Thanks for adding the KDIZD shots. Sorry for my long absence, I haven't visited the site in a while (other than checking for secrets for some wads I've been playing at the moment). I have made some changes earlier today and uploaded a couple new screenshots. Hopefully, it's all fine. I will be back in full force in upcoming weeks with more screenshots for wads I'm currently playing. And about aspect ratio, personally I prefer 4:3 and I try to fix my screenshots that have wrong ratio, for example when I play Crispy Doom and PrBoom+, when taking screenshots, they are taken at desktop's resolution and I have to fix the ratio by modifying the screenshot in Paint, to format the image to the correct resolution. The comparison can be made with the screenshots I uploaded at Doomworld in past months when I played in the megawad club and uploaded screenshots at desktop resolution, they just looked squashed/weird. So I decided to follow the rules and use correct aspect ratio. Meanwhile, the screenshots taken in Chocolate, Eternity, GZDoom and ZDoom are all at correct aspect ratio. It's only those taken in Crispy and PrBoom+ that require formatting. FistMarine (talk) 05:40, 19 November 2021 (CST)
- Sorry for the intrusion but I just wanted to point out that using paint is probably not a very good idea as afaik it ruins the quality of images, even PNG files - it certainly was the case for previous versions but I imagine little has changed over the years in that regard. Best to use GIMP or Paint.NET or something instead. Cheers. --Dynamo128 (talk) 10:41, 19 November 2021 (CST)
- Hey, no worries! Thanks for the advice. I will keep in mind from now on to use GIMP or Paint.net. FistMarine (talk) 01:21, 26 November 2021 (CST)
Hey. Good job on uploading screenshots for those megawads, however if I may give a suggestion, you should refrain from uploading the intermission screen each time. Frankly, there is absolutely no point in doing so: it's always the same image with a bunch of stats that are pretty much irrelevant for wiki purposes. The gameplay screenshots themselves should be what's covered, even better if they showcase secrets or important map hallmarks, but not stuff like end-of-map tally screens. --Dynamo128 (talk) 07:15, 17 December 2021 (CST)
- Hey. Thanks! I will keep that in mind next time in regards to no longer upload intermission screens. Should I take off all my intermission screens from all the pages I contributed so far? Or should we wait for the admins to take care of that? Also, I will upload a few more Reverie screenshots in the meantime. In next few days, I will not only upload some screenshots I made long ago (such as Doom Zero and Heretic) but I may also create pages for the megawads that don't have a page currently, such as Bourgeois Deathmatch, unless someone already did that and I haven't noticed. I remember having a lot of screenshots made for each map of that megawad, would be cool to finally upload them, as they are more than just pictures of starting and exit areas. FistMarine (talk) 08:20, 17 December 2021 (CST)