- Archived discussions: 2005 to 2009
Massive spoiler edits OK?
Would adding the end spoiler template to every page that has a spoiler template but no ending spoiler template be offensive? I'm already half done already though heh- GhostlyDeath 07:39, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
- The sheer volume of corrections needed is pretty annoying but spoilers should always end with end spoilers anyway. GhostlyDeath 07:46, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
I'd say adding the spoiler end templates to correct places is a definite improvement. If you are indeed willing to tackle the task, go right ahead. -- Janizdreg 07:49, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
Hey there, just wanna say thanks for adding Template:Id Software to the employee articles and cleaning up the formatting a bit. Wasn't feeling up to going through every employee article, so thanks for editing them (and adding additional ones). Thanks again! StoneFrog 01:37, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
For deleting my double post. HTF? Ducon 10:08, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think he ever reposted his message anywhere except for the DW forums version. But I assume the DW thread gathered enough attention so that he didn't feel a need to repost it here after all the buzz at the DW thread. -- Janizdreg 23:01, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, it looks that way to me also. Ryan W 23:21, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the welcome
Thank you for the supportive welcome, and especially the reminders about contractions (I did look through the style guide, but I guess it didn't stick very well yet), and using JPEG screenshots, both of which I'll correct ASAP. Aside from making general corrections, I don't have much experience editing wikis, so I've probably made some formatting errors too, actually. Anyway, thanks again!
Mithran Denizen 22:20, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- It had some factual and structural errors. I re-added it in a corrected form now though.
- Also, please try to remain calm and refrain from using insults and harmful edits such as page clearing if your edits are undone or modified. It is the nature of wikis that edits do not stay on pages in their original form for long. Also, I'm sorry if my revert insulted you. I hope you don't mind this too much, so good luck and happy editing! -- Janizdreg 01:10, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
- It most certainly was. I thought I was supposed to be editing only the "Support for other games" section of the article, but somehow saving that edit replaced the whole article with just that section. It's fixed now though. -- Janizdreg 13:30, September 19, 2010 (UTC)
Regarding my "chainsaw gibbing zombieman" addition...it doesn't happen all the time, but it is possible to gib a zombieman with a chainsaw. I recall doing so on several occasions in different PC ports of Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom. It happens rarely, as I'd said, about a little less often than plasma gun fire, but it can be done. Just a rebuttal. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Doomknocker (talk • contribs) .
- From looking at the source, I'm afraid it will never happen in vanilla PC Doom which is what the article is supposed to be about. Ports and console versions are a whole another matter altogether. In original Doom, the chainsaw can do up to 20 points of damage. The Zombieman's health must hit at least -21 points for him to be gibbed, so if he's at 1 health (the minimum where he is still alive) you must damage him for at least 22 points to gib him. 18.104.22.168 21:11, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
Hi Janizdreg. It's good to be back...
I noticed you deleted MediaWiki:Monobook.css several years ago. The database appears to have survived. Do you suppose MediaWiki:Common.css could be deleted too? Ryan W 03:55, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for importing my edits from the other wiki. I'll be active on here from now on. Asdfsfs 20:10, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Broken image galleries
Hi. When I posted this, I removed a reference to web traffic reports (from the Meta document). I assumed that such information was only available because Wikia was our host. Am I correct, or should I put the sentence back in? Ryan W 21:02, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- You are probably correct, I don't think manc and Quasar have added Google Analytics code here. Doing so would be nice though, as it would allow a direct comparison between the traffic the old wiki and this wiki get. I think I'm going to propose the idea to them right now. -- Janizdreg 10:56, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
Email addition to restore account?
Hi there. I have an account here (as Dark Pulse) but it seems like none of the handful of passwords I have are letting me in, and apparently I have no email associated to that account (for some reason - maybe it didn't move it when this Wiki was split off from Wikia?), so I can't reset the password at all.
Would it be possible to add in an email, so I can get my password reset/altered? I think that'd be the "safest" way to prove it's actually me.
- Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can send you your new password. Your email has to be changed after you login the first time. --Quasar 00:12, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Back in business. Thanks Quasar! --Dark Pulse 01:34, 14 June 2013 (UTC)