Insanity Deathmatch details
Hi, and welcome to the wiki. Expanding coverage of your mod is a good contribution, although the level of detail such as for ammo and weapon behavior may be a bit deep for the wiki. But I'm mainly writing about the excessive use of capitals, which is not according to policy, and the removal of some links in the third paragraph and changing the Zandronum forums link from its proper template back into a http link. Before an edit war erupts :) can you explain why you made those changes, and lowercase relevant nouns per policy? Thanks. --Xymph (talk) 16:39, 2 January 2022 (CST)
- Hello and thank you for the welcome and the first fixes on the article. First of all, I will likely get rid of the information about ammo, but I will definitely have to simplify the weapon information. There are 52 weapons in total and now that I think about it, it's better to have a much smaller list of the weapons that tells what they do in a couple sentences.
- As for the capitalization errors and the links, I will freely admit that was my own stupidity. :( I did see the new changes when you had made them, but I had the version which was not corrected saved on my computer. :/ It contained information on the weapons up to Slot 2, which I had saved on the file but not yet added on the article's page. I had foolishly just selected all of the old text with the text about the weapons and pasted it all to the article. I will transfer your changes back and also keep my file up to date! :)
- Thank you for the heads-up on this! I wouldn't have noticed it at all. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kaapeli47 (talk • contribs) .
- Ok, I understand now. A wiki article can always be edited between visits, so keeping a local copy isn't practical. At least use "Show changes" before saving a new edit. As for your plan to cover 52 weapons... <gulp>. :) As an encyclopedia, the wiki should cover what is important to know, not be comprehensive about every minute detail. That is better exposed on a project website, or Mod DB / itch.io or some such. For comparison, I'd say these are okay, while these excessive IMHO. If you can fix the capitalization and condense the existing text, then this can be reviewed and accepted into the next stable revision. --Xymph (talk) 02:28, 3 January 2022 (CST)
- Sure thing. I will try to find a middle ground between those example lists, but will keep it mostly on the level of OMG Weapons listing to keep it condensed enough. I understand the weapon slot names need correction, like "Slot 1: Melee Weapons" -> "Slot 1: Melee weapons", but does the fixes on capitalization include the weapon names, or can they be kept capitalized? The OMG Weapons list has them capitalized, so I assume that isn't a big issue? --Kaapeli47 (talk) 08:12, 3 January 2022 (CST)
Insanity Deathmatch details
Hello. I'm back with editing the Insanity Deathmatch wiki page, and I think I have simplified the weapon descriptions well enough into just a couple sentences per weapon. I also added information about the player and different pickups of the mod. Do you think it's better to talk about the player statistics in whole sentences, or is it OK to have a table of statistics like they are right now in my most recent edit? --Kaapeli47 (talk) 13:40, 15 February 2022 (CST)