Hello! I just wanted to let you know that when it comes to speedrunners, Xymph is already compiling a large list of stats and runners, so it's best to leave those pages alone for now, even if they are high up on the list of wanted articles. If you have the time to put in, there are several things you might want to focus your efforts on instead. If I may humbly provide some suggestions, I recommend looking into updating the Good Morning Phobos page since the article currently covers an outdated version, uploading high quality screenshots of the Doom 64 equivalents of items and weapons on the respective pages, uploading screenshots for the items and monsters from Hacx in better quality, creating monster tables for WADs that don't have them yet (Crapi and Simplicity come to mind) or perhaps even contributing some walkthroughs such as taking care of the maps without one found in Eternal Doom. However, creating very bare stubs of speedrunners currently isn't very helpful, and I just wanted to point out that energy could be better spent elsewhere... Cheers. --Dynamo128 (talk) 14:35, 11 January 2022 (CST)
- Sorry, not interested in those suggestions. --PhilthyPhilistine (talk) 15:45, 4 March 2022 (CST)
Question marks in articles
Hi. Could you please add the map names to the articles for mods that you create? Already in the past I've had to fill them in, it feels incredibly impolite of you to leave question marks instead of the proper names just because you expect someone else to fill in the work that you very easily could have spent two additional minutes doing if only you had downloaded the mod in question. Thanks. --Dynamo128 (talk) 19:42, 23 January 2022 (CST)
- I've done so when the mappers list them in the text file or forum. Otherwise, I only briefly used SLADE once to make a music pack (the simplest of wads) and have no interest in using it again (it was deleted soon after I made the pack). But I'm effectively done creating mapset articles anyways; I only created Flotsam a few weeks ago because it was the last mapset in Vertigo's progression list (at least the one's towards the hard end of the spectrum) without an article here. --PhilthyPhilistine (talk) 15:45, 4 March 2022 (CST)
I would appreciate if you would not treat important details as if they exist within a scarcity of space. As an encyclopedia, our duty is to be thorough toward raw, hard facts. The only consideration given should be readability and that has, so far, not been a factor with many of the removals I am seeing in your edits. --Quasar (talk) 13:09, 4 March 2022 (CST)
- We've agreed on what's important for the most part, but for certain details we'll disagree to some extent. I've lived up to that duty quite well. In my several months of activity at this wiki, nobody has had a higher standard of adding references than me. (At the end of the day, this is a video game wiki, so it's not strictly essential to do so, but adding refs is a good thing.) --PhilthyPhilistine (talk) 15:45, 4 March 2022 (CST)
- My concern was not with a reference when I made this remark, but the fact that you removed information about USA Network from the introduction of Masters of Doom. While it is mentioned later, it is still a fundamental fact that isn't taking up more than its share of space and gains nothing by being removed, and this has been part of what I feel like is a pattern with your edits to long-established articles so far. I am asking that you take care going forward with this. --Quasar (talk) 16:44, 4 March 2022 (CST)
I have given you a block of two weeks for reverting edits on OBSIDIAN again after my specific warning. You have been a disruptive presence since arriving here and I have had to deal with complaints from multiple people for months now. You need to consider what exactly you are trying to accomplish here because it's definitely not been to fit into the community in a productive fashion. --Quasar (talk) 19:13, 4 March 2022 (CST)
- Sorry for my anti-social behavior. After reflecting on it, I realize I need to do better in those regards.
- As for going forward after the block, I already wasn't planning on doing any editing work after the spurt of activity of the past few days for the ProcGen articles. Similar to last month, when I made 2 edits in the span of several weeks, I may pop in for a specific edit, but I doubt I'll do any more larger-scale work here.
- Finally, I want to thank you personally for forking Wikia long ago and providing this wiki; it's such a valuable resource to Doom enthusiasts. --PhilthyPhilistine (talk) 12:08, 5 March 2022 (CST)