This is my user talk page. I am an admin and bureaucrat user so I can help with many problems. Feel free to post here to contact me.
Doom 64 maps page layout
I just realized that for some reason the layout of pages about Doom 64 maps are different than what other map pages use. Shall I change it to match it more like the others? --ZeroTheEro (talk) 06:27, 2 April 2020 (CDT)
- Wouldn't hurt. --Quasar (talk) 07:37, 2 April 2020 (CDT)
Press articles about Doom
- Sounds like a good idea to me. --Quasar (talk) 04:26, 3 April 2020 (CDT)
- Moo. --Quasar (talk) 11:43, 13 May 2020 (CDT)
id Anthology info
Hello, I have recently gained information about the id Anthology I would like to add. I reached out to John Romero to verify the number of units created, and he confirmed the number of 10,000 was correct. How can I properly cite this, as it was in a direct email correspondence? If you have an email address I can forward it to you. --220.127.116.11 12:21, 31 July 2020 (CDT)
- If you'd like to forward it, as I'm interested in having it for historical purposes, you can send it to haleyjd AT hotmail dot com (using the @ and . as normal). In the meantime it's OK to add it to the article anyways - sometimes we run into things like this that can't be directly cited but are known to come from reliable sources. --Quasar (talk) 00:25, 2 August 2020 (CDT)
Sorty, but for what exact reason you are adding the "double-barreled shotguns" category is the is no other double-barreled shotguns besides the Super Shotguns which have their own disambiguation part in their own pages? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- I have a friend who does. He's currently working on extracting the data from it. --Quasar (talk) 15:36, 24 January 2021 (CST)
- Yep 😊 --Quasar (talk) 00:02, 26 January 2021 (CST)
- Cool! Can't wait to see what secrets this version of game is holding. 😊 --Yetanotherhope 03:12, 27 January 2021 (CST)
Looking to have revisions checked
Hello. I'm new here. I'm not really a Doom person but I've gone out of my way almost two weeks ago to update the WebTV Plus page (which IMO, is a bit inaccurate of a name) concerning info on the elusive WebTV port of Doom and the frankly shoddy preservation efforts by the people in WebTV's hacking scene that followed 23 years after it was discovered to spread awareness about how endangered the original port is, along with just WebTV information in general. I've waited a week now but my changes are still pending. Since you've contributed to the page prior I figured you might be a little more interested in checking out the changes and hopefully giving them the greenlight. Thanks in advance.
By the way, wonder what's up with the email system here. Has it stopped working recently or is it just me as I can't even get a confirmation email sent to my inbox. WTV-411 (talk) 06:59, 7 June 2021 (CDT)
- This is now done. I had concerns about the removal of some of the previous source links, which I have restored w/archived links as the sites have gone down since I wrote the original article. I also removed a mega.nz link as we cannot link to any kind of unauthorized files obtained through hacking or reverse engineering of commercial products here. The other changes were more minor picky stuff for flow and grammar.
- You may not receive email at all if you are using a Google service, as they block our server for not implementing a Google-specific form of anti-spam response which the software on our server doesn't support. We've also had off-and-on problems with Microsoft blocking us, though I have recently been receiving things at my hotmail address. If you're using a different service, let me know. --Quasar (talk) 23:52, 7 June 2021 (CDT)
- I'm fine with the MEGA link being removed if it's against the rules. Appears I didn't read too much into that. 😅 Also the only source link I really had actual issue with before my changes was the random link to a WebTV hacker's site that was thrown in as tacky advertising, which judging from the IP of the editor (since it's close to an IP of a home server a WebTV hacker manages) is possibly the owner of said site. That's just me though. Anyway, I'm still liking the end result and maybe this'll encourage some people lurking in the shadows to at least make more commotion about the abysmal state of WebTV-related preservation. I can only dream though.
Brief, incoherent FlaggedRevs followup
In light of previous conversation, I should note the extension is beginning therapy  with a developer who knows what they're doing. Of course a product manager could reshuffle priorities tomorrow, but if this code ever reaches production, it will be backward-compatible (to prevent German Wikipedia from forking) so we won't be starting from scratch.
I was never attached to the tier system although other contributors clearly like it, and I might even post a rant to represent the overall self-hosting POV (to which you need not respond :>
- Thanks for the heads-up ^_^ --Quasar (talk) 08:25, 8 June 2021 (CDT)