Any registered user can nominate pages for deletion (at least, that's what it says here). I don't work on the software articles much, so I don't know whether this is an important image, but in general, orphaned fair use images seem to get deleted sooner or later. Ryan W 20:29, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
It's versus its
Based on your edits here and here, I'd like to give you just a little grammar pointer, if you don't mind: "it's" is actually the equivalent of "it is", whereas "its" is for "it" what "his" is for "he". Here's a reference and some further reading on this if you are interested. -- Janizdreg 08:22, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
- This would be a hard habit to break as 's is usually used for ownership whereas s is for multiples. Kind of like those other English oddities. I still believe I wasted 14 years of my life doing English in school, however. Thanks, however.GhostlyDeath 08:33, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
- To be honest, I use "it is" on the Wiki as I don't use contractions on any of the articles. GhostlyDeath 08:38, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
How to download and run Doom
The new users don't know how to run Doom.exe from a command line in Windows, but you're asking them to compile their own copy of a source port? Please tell me this is a joke. Ryan W 18:42, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
- This isn't a joke. I'll add some other stuff which is distribution specific, but those are generic Linux instructions. Usually on Linux, the only way to play is to build it yourself. Using precompiled binaries may not always work. GhostlyDeath 23:28, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
yes it will be released however i don't have a lot of spare time on my hands and i am planning to release a Demo soon.
the project won't die, that you can be assured of.
regards: members of IceSCG.
I just noticed that the ReMooD site still links to Wikia. Ryan W 20:36, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
- Fixed, it will auto-update around midnight tonight. GhostlyDeath 22:42, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
- Cool, thanks. Ryan W 00:14, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
Help with a review
Hey, could you give me a hand with this pending change since you know about the stuff? The edit claims that ReMooD or Doom Legacy wouldn't give any support for Hexen at all. I've tried to investigate this on my own but instead of finding answers I just got more confused.
Just when you have the time. --Jartapran 10:50, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Done. Note that only the dead C++ version of Legacy supports Hexen and Heretic/Hexen support is in the works for ReMooD, it can play native Heretic and load Hexen format maps to an extent, but only in the development version. Legacy can also play Heretic without any trouble (although some things were removed, such as the flying head of death when gibbed, for Doom/Heretic code base merging). GhostlyDeath 02:13, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks! Guess it's about time to me to learn more about source ports, somewhat a grey zone in my knowledge. --Jartapran 02:37, 28 June 2012 (UTC)