Curious info you got there. Just to express my humble opinion, such data is warmly welcomed, especially for E1M1 that really isn't just a level among others. :) Doesn't bother at all if you uploaded the same data for other levels as well, though. I've got to boost DeePsea on its feet again too for I'm going to start adding thing data to the Heretic map articles. A nice tool that is. --Jartapran 12:25, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. Don't look for a flotilla of new subpages anytime soon, however, as each list must be checked manually. :7 Ryan W 12:35, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, the floor/ceiling heights may change from their original positions where the textures are considered redundant. Thus, finding the real ones is a tough process. No pressure for uploading more information about these, I assure you. Thanks for the good work you did for finding them in E1M1, I really appreciate it. --Jartapran 13:10, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
Deleting half the pages
I'd like to know why you're only doing half the job when a spambot creates a couple pages? It's the fourth time: you deleted this one but not this one, and then again, and again, and again. Are you just forgetting to delete the page not in the User: namespace, or do you lack permissions or what? --Gez 16:00, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, that's just me being clumsy. Generally I filter out main space when viewing recent changes (it's getting a little too large to stay on top of). In future, I'll check contribution history when I block an IP. Thank you for bringing this up. Ryan W 16:18, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- Well sure... presupposing that all the edits were page creations. (IIRC some sort of "mass rollback" tool was once proposed on Wikipedia, but never gained traction.) Ryan W 23:33, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
Image size ratio fixes
Just a hello and to say I've started replacing some of the images that don't fit to the aspect ratio. Using prboom, I'm making sure the ratio matches to the suggested size. I then remove the relevant category from the image page. Just shout if I'm doing something I shouldn't. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Chainsaw (talk • contribs) .
- Hi Chainsaw, welcome to the wiki. I certainly had no intention of finishing the job myself (in fact, your images appear more vanilla than mine, which are "airbrushed" by the photoshop effect). There's also no rubric for choosing the locations in each gallery. It all seems fine to me. Ryan W 01:15, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
30,000 Levels wiki page, I noticed that you deleted that specific wiki page. Is there any chance I could write an article about that later on in the future? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Justice Infinity (talk • contribs) .
- It depends on whether the Doom community considers it important. A few dozen people saying "YOU SUCK" in forums does not indicate an historic event. Ryan W 15:55, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
Is it acceptable to write an article on a specific WAD if that author is infamous?