- That's it! Dunno why I couldn't find any of those threads based on kmxexii's description. If others actually have the stomach to draft such articles, then I'll certainly leave them to it. Thanks much. Ryan W (talk) 22:38, 2 March 2016 (CST)
Watson/Collins: Void + Ship + sequel = No idea for the second; it seems the first two words would have to be "Awful Lost" and there's nothing that starts like this on the idgames archive. --Gez (talk) 14:22, 7 April 2017 (CDT)
- Maybe a year or so back, idgames reviews switched to have newest first. So you're actually after "The Lost." Out of the Robinsons' works, I found Eris Falling (talk) 15:00, 7 April 2017 (CDT) . The closest I could find that combines all three was . --
The 2013 entry for "Untitled #2" should point to Untitled 2,
"Halo of Wonders" to Halo Of Wonders, "Town of Witchcraft" to Town Of Witchcraft, "Strife: Return of The Order" to Return of The Order, and "Strife: Day of the Acolyte" to Day of the Acolyte.
- Chord: fixed. I'm doing this without checking TITLEPICs or anything, so in the year 71853 when I reach the third-party walkthroughs, I may ping you and Eris again. :>
- How Not To Be Seen: fixed.
- Untitled: fixed, my fault. (With the amount of time this took, I didn't notice reserved characters?)
- Redirects: upon rereading Eris's posts, I agree with you. We don't say "Heretic: Heretic Treasure Chest", for example, just because it happens to use a non-Doom IWAD.
- Classic Episode: fixed.
- Thank you, as always, for wanting there to be actual game content underneath certain people's pontifications. :> Ryan W (living fossil)
Others have expended substantial effort to improve this page, so I'll try to explain.
I don't think I had a clear plan in 2016, and I still don't. Perhaps I hoped that missing coverage would simply materialize as redlinks, as a side effect of the continued work of the bot and several users creating umbrella articles (who do a great job btw!). But in hindsight, it seems virtually redundant with the publication. Awardees and runners-up are as uncontroversial as before, and non-modding topics are as uncertain as before. I'm sure I was the wrong person to do triage as well; plugged-in community members can immediately separate a joke or a deliberately off-topic proposal from a rising star.
It's been stated that we treat DW as the start and end of historiography, which hopelessly skews our scope discussions. Without rehashing that debate, I'll note how many other general references have gone dark since the 1990s. Those of us who weren't involved back then, and can't afford to travel the world scouring offline media, sometimes feel confined. If I were starting this list today, I would advance one subtopic at a time in an RFC: speedrunning, development and advanced features, mapping tropes/tricks, 1994 mods, 1995 mods, ... That wouldn't immediately solve the problem, but the smaller territory might make it easier to focus (myself included) and establish methods for locating specialized/archival sources in each area. Ideally, after enough iterations, trends might emerge that finally pointed us toward a general guideline. See these threads for some related discussion about WADs.
Anyway, my offer to move the list to someone else's space stands, if you think it can eventually lead somewhere. Currently, what I'm hearing from the feedback is that it mainly serves to bloat Special:WantedPages. :( Thanks again to the contributors above, for their attention to detail and for seeing implications I missed. Ryan W (living fossil) 01:23, 15 December 2019 (CST)
- > mainly serves to bloat Special:WantedPages
- Just my two cents but if people have gotten so religious about trying to empty that list out that they'd rather important topics not be linked (thus indicating that they are in fact, wanted pages) than to get around to creating the pages, then the whole effort has become wrong-headed and is damaging to the wiki. --Quasar (talk) 09:49, 16 December 2019 (CST)
- I agree, although I believe most of the stuff that was linked only from this page was stuff that wasn't really article worthy. That said, it would have been nice to do a review specifically of that stuff before deletion, in case there was something we missed. --Eris Falling (talk) 06:28, 17 December 2019 (CST)
I recommend ignoring these. We have a page for every ceremony now, with its redlinks pre-populated. If a name was linked here but not there, it's most likely another misunderstanding on my part.
007: License to Spell Doom 8-Bit Deathmatch Don't Be a Bitch Doom II Redux Doom: Rampage Edition Doom RPG (mod) Gamarra series hardcore_gamer Pacwad Rainybase Raynor's Tale RTC-3057 Demo RTC-3057: Hub 1 Temple of Chaos 2: Warped Reality Tormentor667's Detail Guide TurboCharged ARCADE! The Sequel Episode Urthar Vapordemo Void 2
30ev4416 30nm2721 30pl2523 30pn4357 30uv1959 30uv2303 30uv2325 4chan 4 Levels That Got Lost Abandonware A Better WAD Pulled Out of My Ass Assault Austerity BBG Beluga Blackrock Brandon D. Lade Brotherhood of Ruin: The Lost Temple Combat Shock 3 Community Instagib Pack Console Doom Project Curse of Blood Curse of Darkness Curse of the Demon Lord danne1 David Armstrong Deus Vult II 2 Dickie series Do It Again Doom 2 Done Quick Doom 2 the Way id Did: The Lost Episodes Doom Beyond Doomboy Doom: Carnage League Doomcon Doomguy's Warzone Doomworld Forums 2 Dotims DSV series EonDM Eon Weapons ep1-457 ep2-0327 ep3-347 ep4-0342 Epic CTF Facepalm Favillesco E3 Final Doom the Way id Did Fodders Fortune's Run Glass ceiling GL fog GL lighting Greenwar Greenwar 2 Grotesque CTF Hatred Haze Heh HPack I am not an retarded IGPack Jean-Luc Picard Kama Sutra 2 Kat Kill Frenzy KingDime Knee Deep in KDiZD KSSC Lazarus DM (series) Little Temple Group Livestreams Marines of UAC McDoomworld Mockery TC Motornerve Mouldy Old Void Muskadet Napalm Nazis! v2 Nordhell Object 34: Sonar Odamex CTF Ola-QRAD lighting Orange Is the New STARTAN Overdetailing pa07-041 PeterH Rage (mod) Rain Reticula Revelations of Doom Richard Smith Long (RSL) RicrobNet Sabbat Martyr DM scall-1453 Scroll Down for Screenshots Slaughterfest 2013 SmartCTF SpaceDM 9 Spooky series Steve Dudzik (Lüt) Submerge Deathmatch Pack Tango TV Tarnsman's Projectile Hell Taylor Team LMS The Empty Museum The Guncaster The Lost Gateway The Reactor The Shores of ZDoom The Space Pirate The Trailblazer Threshold of Pain 2 Thursday Night Survival Toke It Up! TrailBlazer Two Big, Stupid Maps UAC Ultra 2 Übik Unidoom DM 3 Unloved 2 Voidship 2 Voodoo doll scripting Way Too Many Dead Guys Women in the Doom community World Doom League World Extermination Radio xxx directory ZDoom Wars ZeroMaster ZHalloween Zombie Heart of Death
If someone wants to review these gradually, as in prior threads, feel free to edit this post and strike things out or arrange them in groups or whatever.