Hi Voros. It's really excellent to see HacX walkthroughs being written — we've needed those for years. Just one tip: you can copy-paste Template:Map skel when creating a new map page, and you'll have all the sections and tables in our standard order with no extra typing. Thanks again, and welcome! Ryan W (usually gone) 20:01, 29 July 2016 (CDT)
- Thank you! This saves a lot of trouble.--Voros (talk) 02:10, 30 July 2016 (CDT)
- Oh! Thanks! I was wondering how to achiever that without constantly typing it out --Voros (talk) 02:10, 30 July 2016 (CDT)
Two issues here.
- We prefer not to copy content from the other site because Google penalizes us for doing so, and also when we do, we have to add a link back to their page.
- The flemoid images are not in conformance with this wiki's policy, which is in general against upload of plain WAD resources (exceptions have been made but these are rare and never in situations this easily addressed). What would be more appropriate is to replace the sprite rips with screenshots of the monsters in the Chex Quest levels in their native habitats.
- Ok then. I'll do a mass revision, delete all the photos, upload screenshots and write my own description soon. --Voros (talk) 18:50, 1 August 2016 (CDT)
Completeness of info
Just wanted to explain on my just-now partial reversion - information in a single article needs to be as complete as possible since the typical usage pattern on this site is for people to hit a single link off of a referrer or search engine, read that one article, and then leave. Sometimes a small amount of redundancy - in this case mentioning the cacoward in two different places - is entirely justified and is extremely beneficial for this reason. --Quasar (talk) 10:35, 6 October 2016 (CDT)
- Alright. I understand why one would keep that external link there. It'll stay then. But what about those Brutal Doom v0.18 threads?