Do the missions ever span more than one level? I opened a discussion on the first talk page about the fact that we might want to merge these into the levels' articles themselves as a section if they do not, especially if you envision the current amount of content being how they're likely to end up. I don't have any problem with you going ahead and finishing them, as whether or not they get merged eventually won't cause any of your work to be lost or wasted. Just a heads up and solicitation for your opinion on the matter, before I open any discussions on Central Processing regarding it. --Quasar (talk) 09:46, 25 May 2016 (CDT)
- I was thinking along the same lines as well. All missions span only a single level and I don't see the guides having much content aside from Collectibles/Secrets due to the nature of the game (just kill stuff, mostly linear).
- Would be best if we combined locations and missions to ensure each article has a sufficient length. VyRianS (talk) 10:13, 25 May 2016 (CDT)
- Understandable, however our modus operandi has always been to create articles for the games' individual levels, and then describe what happens inside those as a walkthrough or overview section. Keeping the level names as the primary article, and the mission that takes place there as a subsection, I feel fits much better with the overall layout of this wiki. I really do appreciate all your contributions so far, they're immensely helpful. I'll go back through and approve the earlier revisions of the mission articles so that you get credit for them toward autopromotion to editor status (this happens after a couple hundred approved edits so, it takes a while, but I don't want you to get cheated out of it). --Quasar (talk) 23:24, 25 May 2016 (CDT)
The Doom info you're adding is welcome, but the manner in which this happens... less so, IMHO. The multitude of tiny edits on some pages clutter up the Recent Changes log (as well as the pertaining pages' history), making it harder for others to follow what goes on in the Wiki, and also to review/approve your changes. Could you please make better use of the Show Preview button and bundle series of changes into single submits? Thanks. --Xymph (talk) 08:07, 26 May 2016 (CDT)
- Will do. Forgive me, I'm totally new at this. --VyRianS (talk) 08:11, 26 May 2016 (CDT)
- I understand, and it's not a huge problem, but would make wiki life easier. :) For example, you can use multiple browser tabs to upload new images in one, and then in another link each image into the relevant page, previewing that each time to still make sure everything looks alright, but only submit once a table (like that Rune page) is complete. And of course we all make typos or forget little things, and have to go back and make Minor edits to fix those. ;) --Xymph (talk) 08:24, 26 May 2016 (CDT)