|A view of Mount Baphomet in MAP05A. Winter's Fury is notable for its extremely detailed levels.|
|Link||ZDoom forum thread|
|This mod received one of the 2012 Cacowards on Doomworld!|
Winter's Fury is a set of twelve levels for GZDoom by Pyroscourge. It was released on 7 December 2012, days before it was named a winner at the 19th Annual Cacowards. The levels are based around a frozen theme, and the WAD's story is highly significant to the overall experience.
- MAP01: You Are Here
- MAP02: Unexpected Losses
- MAP03: Frostbite
- MAP04A: Afterburn
- MAP04B: Highway to Hell
- MAP05A: D.A.R.K.ness
- MAP05B: Cold Snap
- MAP06A: Hypothermia
- MAP06B: Cryophobia
- MAP07A: Blizzard Conditions
- MAP07B: Void
- MAP08: Absolute Zero
- The easiest skill level. The player takes only 80% of normal damage and picking up ammo gives 130% of the usual amount. Things with the skill 1 flag will appear on this difficulty.
- On this skill level, the player takes normal damage, and receives normal ammo. Things with the skill 2 flag will appear on this difficulty.
- This is the medium skill level, but is considered by the confirmation message to be similar to Ultra-Violence. Again, the player receives normal amounts of damage and ammo. Things with the skill 3 flag will appear on this difficulty.
- On the fourth skill level, the player receives 110% damage, and monsters are more aggressive than usual. Things with the skill 4 flag will appear on this difficulty.
- The hardest skill level. This difficulty is hidden on the skill selection menu, and with good reason. While the thing placement is the same as on Cryophobia, the player now takes 200% damage, and monsters are even more aggressive than on Cryophobia. Cheat codes are disabled, and fast monsters are in effect.
A prequel to Winter's Fury, named S.U.P.E.R. Natural was announced in 2013, and is still in development.