Z1M3: Toxin Refinery (Knee-Deep in ZDoom)
|Knee-Deep in ZDoom maps|
This level occupies the map slot Z1M3. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:Z1M3.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- Somewhere in the corridor on the way to the blue key, the terminal with a red symbol on the screen can be activated. The symbol will go green, and a backpack will be revealed to your right. (sector 1894)
- From the same place as secret #1, go up the ladder to the south. You will be taken to a small room, containing useful items, Shadows, and a switch, which the effects of can be seen on the nearby screen. (sector 1858)
- In the mines, in the last cavern before the labs, the north-west tunnel will lead you to a chaingun and a backpack. (sector 5965)
- After the aforementioned labs, jump up onto the boxes in the west of the storage area. With some navigation, you will find an alcove containing a berserk pack, two health bonuses, a box of shotgun shells and a box of rockets. (sector 5109)
- In the computer area which houses the yellow key, go up to the computer near the rotating columns and attempt to use it. The message "Access Denied" is displayed. To the right of it, there are two other computers. Press "use" on both of them, and they will deactivate the red/blue security locks, opening the emergency hatch. On the computer panel adjacent to it, press "use" on the crate, and take it to the panel with the hatch, where the crate is automatically placed below the opening. Jump into the hatch to trigger the secret. (sector 1496)
- Once inside secret #5, go to the room on the right. There is a switch inside. Just click on it, and it will say "Access to disposal area granted." Return to the computer area and head across to the next secret, as if you were playing the original level. It contains a berserk pack, one bullet clip, two armor bonuses, one health bonus and one medikit. (sector 1685)
- Make sure you get a radiation suit in the eastern zone of secret #6. Then go to the western area where you will reach a sewer maze. Using the automap from the first intersection, go to the north, then to the west and two times to the north until you come to a 90-degree turn to the left. You will reach a one way tunnel that will have a broken door near its end. Just shoot the barrels to the left and you will open up a gap. Go inside and you will see a well-known figure, Duke Nukem, dead inside a radiation barrel. Approach him to trigger the secret. (sector 3545) Beside Duke Nukem is the green key. Shooting the nearby barrels will not explode the character. There is also a dead Pig Cop from Duke Nukem 3D with a shotgun near the unopenable door.
- In the sunken area of the mines, while swimming to the north, you will find a green button switch. Press it and quickly go to the south-east. The grate should be opened, and if you can reach it in time, you will get the silver key which will be useful for the secret level. (sector 5651)
- After activating the switch on secret #2, go to the outside area full of toxic waste (near the blue key room). Swim deep to the west, and you will find a tunnel that leads to a room containing a rocket launcher, two rockets and a unit of shotgun shells. (sector 3441)
- Near the orange key room, there is a mountain outside that contains Shadows. Just try climbing that mountain by running and jumping. If reached, you will encounter a Terrorsphere powerup. (sectors 4548/4575)
- On the room where secret #4 is found, to the right there is a light flashing on an inclined wall. Just click on the wall. Go to the left one and you will find a green button switch. Press on it and turn back. You will notice that a secret room has been opened containing a Blood Demon, a green armor, a large medikit and some armor and health bonuses. Another green button switch can be found as well. If you have all the keys, you can press on it. This will open up the door to the secret level. (sector 6627)
Areas / screenshots
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||35:41||Andrew Usher||2011-01-16||kdizd_demos.zip|
Last updated on March 17, 2013.
|Monsters||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Rapid Fire Trooper||15||26||34|
|Weapons||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Ammunition||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Box of bullets||8|
|Box of shells||12|
|Box of rockets||1|
|Power-ups||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|
|Keys||ITYTD and HNTR||HMP||UV and NM|