The ZDoom Community Map Project "Take 1"
|The ZDoom Community Map Project "Take 1"|
|An enemy wave|
|This mod received one of the 2004 Cacowards on Doomworld!|
The ZDoom Community Map Project, or ZDCMP, is a very large map made collaboratively by many ZDoom community members, each contributor adding a new section to the map or improving on previous work. The project sought to highlight ZDoom's capabilities by going well beyond the usual limits of Doom maps and using several then-new features such as custom monsters, swimming in deep water, scripted puzzles, and so on. It was well-received, earning one of the 2004 Cacowards, and spawned two separate attempts at a sequel, the second of which was successfully completed and also received a Cacoward.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- When you quit the river, there is, on the right, a rocky door. Open it, grab a soulsphere.
- Open the next door, open on your left, open a computer, enter a zone under construction and grab a few health bonuses and a partial invisibility.
- Use the crackling computer in the next room and get the megaarmor.
- In the big outdoor section with pillars and a backpack overhead, open a rock wall near a tree, read the tombstone and get the two special rockets and two stimpacks.
- Just on the left of the blue door after the blue rotating room, shoot the crate and get 64.PAK.
- In the tunnel before the pool that goes underwater, open on your left, admire the statue, grab the three special rockets and a medikit.
- In the big crate room, on the up left part, use a computer and jump on a crate nearby to get a soulsphere.
- In the up right part, jump from crates inside a lonely square crate, get the armor.
- Before using the switch in the next room after the crates, use on your left the Enjay tag and get the rocket launcher.
- In the computer caves after the yellow skull door, go protected in the acid pool with four pipes and grab nine health bonuses.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
Inspiration and development
The room under construction (secret #2) is based on the Town's Interrogation Area where Strife begins, including its texturing. When you enter it, a message appears reading "Err... still not finished? .64 will obviously take forever!" At the time this part of the WAD was built, Randy Heit was working on implementing Strife support in ZDoom. It was slated for version 2.0.64 (released June 8, 2004), but ultimately implemented in version 2.0.90 (released October 10, 2004).